Saturday, December 6, 2008

R.I.P., Sunny von Bulow


Today, Sunny von Bulow died at the age of 76. Ms. von Bulow's life became the subject of court room drama, as well as a Hollywood film (starring John Malkevich as her husband), when her husband Claus von Bulow was tried twice for attempted murder after Sunny fell into a hypoglycemic coma. Many people believed that Claus injected her with insulin in order to kill her and get her money.

On reading her obituary, I found myself feeling quite sad; it's easy to be caught up in the true crime aspect of the story, but really it was horrible. Who would ever think that they would end the way Sunny did? As with many sensational cases, the truth gets lost in the headlines - I don't know if Claus did it or not, and I don't suppose anyone ever will for sure.

No comments: